Being a multi-function fiber modem in support of asynchronism RS-232, RS-485 and RS-422 communication interface, UT-2278 is the best choice for the connection from remote terminal unit (RTU) to host(HOST) or Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition(SCADA). It supports multiple asynchronism communication protocols including RS-232, RS-485 and RS-422, and it also supports a combination of two of the RS-232, RS-485 or RS-422 interfaces as well as both of the working modes, i.e. Two-line(half-duplex) RS-485 and four-line(full duplex) RS-422. The ability to support RS-485 mode for data TXD or SD sending control greatly improves its compatibility with various kinds of software besides a sharp simplification of control method. Various kinds of fiber connection between asynchronism serial interfaces are supported by UT-2278 fiber modem. Both half duplex and full duplex communications through fiber between two asynchronism interface devices are supported with a communication distance as far as 4 kilometers for multi-mode and 20 kilometers for single-mode. The transmission rate for RS-232 can reach a maximum of 115.2KBPS, while for RS-485/RS-422 a maximum of 460KBPS can be achieved. Interfaces of different electric standards can be mixed for use with nice EMI/RFT performance, e.g. RS-232 devices can be connected to RS-485/RS-422 devices, and the interface converter or photoelectric isolator can be replaced from RS-232 to RS-485. Two data signal transmissions are supported by UT-2278: data sending and data receiving. At the same time, automatic control circuit is also provided for RS-485/RS-422 data transmission. Zero delay for converting time is achieved. ST interfaces are used for fiber connection.
1. Supports RS-232/RS-485/RS-422 interfaces.
2. A synchronic transmission: point-to-point with a rate as high as 460KBPS.
3. Transmission distance: 4,000 meters for multi-mode and 20,000 meters for single-mode.
4. Working temperature: -40⁰C – 80⁰C, relative humidity from 5% to 95%.
5. Working wave length: 1310nm(multi-mode) and 1310nm(single mode) Electric interfaces:
6. RS-232: pole-shaped connector.
7. RS-485/422: pole-shaped connector.
8. Fiber interface: ST interface (other interface can be ordered SC/FC)
9. RS-232 interface features:
10. Standard RS-232 three line interface ±15KV(anti-static), ESD protection, maximum rate of 115.2KBPS.
11. Input voltage AC100-240V/1W
12. RS-485/422 interface features:
13. Self-adaptive interface technology enables the self adaptation of rate regulation from interface, no switch needed, and the ±15KV (anti-static) ESD protect supports as much as 32 points of polling. And 600W surge protection each line for RS-422 and RS-485 interfaces